Friday 28 December 2012

3 hours too much

Raw now runs 3 hours and has done for the past few months, as those who watch it might have noticed. There are a couple of big problems with this. 

The first is that 3 hours of a wrestling show every week is too much, particularly when it's of the quality that Raw currently is. The quality of Raw has fallen so much that its last Christmas Eve episode actually got the worst rating of a Raw this year. Well obviously, it aired on Christmas Eve, you might tell me. That's true, but it was also the worst rating that Raw has had since 1997. That is a long time. Think of how bad some of the past Raw episodes over the last 15 years were, and now think that this one, at least in the eyes of viewers, was even worse. The ratings are split in to 3, 1 for each hour of the show, so fans might have tuned in, noticed how bad it was, and turned away. I get tired of wrestling during a 3 hour PPV, and during a PPV you actually get to watch some wrestling, rather than silly in ring and backstage skits. 3 hours of what is mostly going to be horrible acting, is too much for me.

The second reason why 3 hours is a bad idea is that it makes the other show, Smackdown, look like a secondary show. Now some might say it feels like a secondary show anyway. Well if it did before, then it certainly does now. With Smackdown not only not being live but being an hour shorter than Raw, it's as if they want to turn it in to what Heat or Velocity used to be. They could make Smackdown 3 hours long, to show that they care about it, but that would cross the line. Can you imagine, 3 hours of Raw and 3 hours of Smackdown, every week? That would be too much to take. 

I know I have missed a lot of Raw episodes myself. I just can't take it. The characters and storylines on them are so bad, that it literally is un-watchable. For a wrestling fan like me, what is currently happening is intolerable. I refused to give the WWE any money a long time ago by not buying anything WWE related. Now I am going a step further, I am not watching the product, at least not regularly. I still try to keep up with what is going on, otherwise I would not be able to write about it. I might watch some highlights, if I intend to mention it in my blog, but to watch a show, from start to finish, and not break something near me? It can't be done. Even reading results on the internet makes me cringe. It's that bad. I do suggest the same for you, but it's your choice. I think going on a WWE diet might make you feel a lot better. Stop watching this crap, and if you really miss wrestling, put in some old DVDs or look them up on youtube, they're much more enjoyable than anything now.

No comments:

Post a Comment