Friday 19 October 2012

The sloppy blonde

Trish

Yes I know she is a brunette now. Who cares?
Yep this one is about Trish. I might do one about the other sloppy, Sid Vicious, later. Trish is possibly the most overrated women's wrestler I have ever seen on television. I don't dislike her, she seems like a nice girl [and very attractive] but she does not deserve to be a 7x Women's champion, not with those mat skills. Let me repeat that, Trish has won the the title 7 times!!!! That is more than any female wrestler in the WWE. Is that fair? Not when you look at some of the women who have wrestled there.

Let's look back at how she started. She was originally hired by the WWE because they liked a fitness tape she did. She was hired [like many diva's in the WWE] as eye candy. Her on screen debut involved being a manager, then later.... being a manager again, untill she advanced to a story line with the boss himself, Vincent Kennedy McMahon. She played his slutty girl on the side. A few months after that she vanished from television. I don't know if she asked to learn to wrestle or whether she was told to learn, but after about half a year she returned. She didn't just return, she returned to win the vacated Women's title for the first time in her career, at Survivor Series.

Trish went on to dominate the women's division for the next few years and win the title many more times. Problem is, I still don't remember a Trish match I thought was good. I don't even remember a Trish match I thought was decent. Her moves were sloppy and even her big move, the Stratusphere [her finisher, a bulldog bouncing off the ropes] looked kind of crappy. There is no doubt that this girl got to where she was because she was probably one of the most uniquely attractive women that ever worked in that company. If there was a beauty title, she would deservedly be a record title holder, but not as a wrestler. 

No comments:

Post a Comment