Saturday 13 October 2012

Overrated wrestler of the week

Kane


Another wrestler that I feel is vastly overrated is the Big Red Machine Kane. It's not that I don't appreciate his gimmick, because I really do, but that's the problem. That is just about the only thing I appreciate about him, his gimmick. Honestly think back in your head to a match involving Kane that you think was great, and it was great thanks to Kane. I know I can't. Any time he is in a match it just sort of plods along. He doesn't do anything amazing or extraordinary. They try to put over his great strength, but even that is not particularly impressive, at least not when compared to guys like Brock Lesnar and yes, even Batista. I have seen him lift guys above his head and unless it was Spike Dudley or someone of a similar weight class, he seemed to have problems on many occasions.

Some might say I am being harsh but trust me, look closely at his matches, they are not that great. His move set consists mainly of right and lefts, then a hard uppercut where he slaps his own chest to omit a sound as if he just thumbed his opponent. He occasionally lifts an opponent above his head or hits a few power moves, but that just does not seem to impress fans anymore, now that he has been doing it over and over again for years. He is one of those wrestlers that was interesting to watch at first, but once his gimmick got stale he had nothing to offer in the ring. The only time he is remotely interesting is when he is in some twisted story line, usually involving fire or death. He's not an awful wrestler [like Batista] but definitely overrated.    

No comments:

Post a Comment