Monday 1 April 2013

Who's driving this flying umbrella?

 
Does the WWE have anyone in charge. You'd think it was the big, greasy, egotistical self loving Vincent Kennedy McMahon, but by the way things are unfolding in the company, perhaps he's taking a lot of time off from the helm of the company and leaving the running to Mr Helm-sley? Perhaps not. Stephanie? Doesn't seem like it. Okay so one of the three has to be held responsible, but I'm actually going to pay them a compliment. I believe they have all been involved in wrestling too long to be making decisions as stupid as the most recent one I heard about. If I had to pick somebody though, my money's on Vince. Despite creating the biggest wrestling promotion [although he likes to call it an empire] in the world, I have seen more than enough loony ideas in the past to believe that he has just thought this one up as well.

What's the decision? Alberto Del Rio's super face push actually. No I don't have any problem with him being heavily promoted as a top baby face. It's the way that they intend to do it. This is what I have a problem with. I have a problem with the fact that someone in the WWE was stupid enough to actually make the serious suggestion of bringing in a writer from a Spanish 'telenovela.' Yes you heard [saw] right. There's no mistake in the sentence. If you didn't know, the WWE want to hire a writer from one of those awful Spanish soap opera's, to write Alberto Del Rio's storylines, because the Spanish writer should be more plugged to the Spanish audience of today, at least, more than the ordinary dim witted people who currently make up storylines in the WWE.

No! Si! No! Si!

The writing is bad enough as it is, why make it worse? Then again, the storylines in the WWE are currently horrible. The acting is about as wooden as wooden gets. This guy should fit right in. He/she going to be working with the same type of oily air head bimbos and muscle-men on steroids, as he/she does in the telenovela shows he writes for. I can just see it now. Love angles, lots of intense camera pans, zooming in and out of Alberto Del Rio's face to show his true emotionless, emotion. Doesn't it make you laugh? It used to make me laugh. Wrestling, I mean. I used to find it funny in a positive way. This was many, very many, looooong years ago. Now I only laugh because the alternative would be to cry.

I don't know, perhaps it's just that I'm older, so I now see just how lame the WWE is, but then again, it can't be. When I stick in an old tape and watch a show from 10, 12, or 14 years ago, I still enjoy it. Something was better back then. Now it's ruined. It could be that it was just a unique unrepeatable era. Perhaps there was something in the air during those years, it was wrestling's high time. Now, I think, if only there was something in the air, to wipe out most of the roster and writers with them, we might get better shows.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment