Friday 8 March 2013

Overrated wrestler of the week

 
Lita
 
Yep it's Lita without all the showbiz make up and razzle dazzle. Suddenly not so appealing is she?

It gets more and more difficult to find these overrated wrestlers every week. The more I name, the less there are to chose from. Where as at first I had many people in mind, now I am actually having to dig deep and search them out, but I do have one for this week. It's a female and only the second female to make the overrated wrestlers page, but I think she deserves it. It's Lita.

Now immediately I sense an uproar from the wrestling world. Not only did I stick Trish in there some time ago, but not Lita is there too! Admittedly, Lita is not as bad as Trish, or should I say, not as overrated as Trish, at least not by the WWE, since she didn't win anywhere near as many titles as Trish did, but I think she is overrated by fans a little bit. In her case, unlike Trish, I think she was not that bad in the ring, but she was nowhere near being the best female wrestler I have ever seen. Her moves, much like Trish's, were sloppy and awkward.

I remember when the two fought each other in Trish's final match at Unforgiven a few years ago. It went on for nearly 8 minutes, so far surpassed the standard 3 to 4 minutes women seem to get. How was the match? It was, okay. A lot of people might have thought it was an amazing way for Trish to end her career, but I don't think it was that great. I realised after seeing it, that it was probably the best these two women could have done, that's when I realised that the pair of them were overrated.

Lita had some 'neat' athletic moves. Her Hurricanrana [that she called the Litacanrana] was pretty impressive, I'll admit. Her top rope moonsault was not half bad either. A few other moves she did were nice on the eye as well [much like she was]. The problem is, once you get past the few 'wow factors' she had in her moves set, the rest was hard to watch. The standard moves, like a headlock or a DDT, looked terrible. Her version of the twist of fate was terrible too. In my view, she definitely deserves to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment