Friday 28 September 2012

TNA Impact! Well that was sh*t


After watching and writing up the results for Impact, I feel like I am putting in a lot of work for something that really does not deserve it. Yesterday's Impact was weak. I mean, first of all, why does it seem Hogan is on the screen every few minutes? It seems that way because it's true. There was hardly a segment in the show he was not in. He must have had about 10 separate segments in the show, and most of them were pointless. About 4 of them were just him deciding who the 2 competitors for the vacated TV Title would be. If this was an EWR simulator event that I had booked, I would get 'You overused Hogan in the last show, the fans started to get sick of seeing him' as part of my feedback. 

Secondly, why are random people in masks able get entrants in to the TNA building and kidnap 2 of it's main guys? Is there no security? Why did the cameraman not call the police as soon as he saw this whole incident happen? Unless the leader of Aces and Eights is Eric Bischoff who has keys to the building, it makes no sense. Well, okay, I suppose asking for logic in wrestling story lines is asking for a bit much.

In total there was probably about 15 minutes of wrestling in the first 3 matches, then a fairly shot main event, you know, by main event standards, but not by TNA standards. The women's match was a squash, with ODB dominating the entire match, only to lose by some underhanded fake injury crap from Tara [I'm sure I've seen that before....a few thousand times]. The TV Title match was much shorter than even I expected it to be, considering it was Anderson and Joe, for the TV Title!!!! You would think they might give this a little bit of time. 

Overall it was an okay show by TNA standards, but a terrible wrestling event if you are used to more. Little wrestling, horribly long, dragged out backstage story lines that seemed to take forever to make a simple point, and a funny build up for Bound For Glory. You can tell this is supposed to be TNA's Wrestlemania, that's how they hype it, but it's so not gonna be.

Check out my results write up of the show here

No comments:

Post a Comment